Class Notes Highlights from John’s Tuesday, by Clayton S.
– WHEN YOU DON’T RECEIVE, YOU PUSH TOO MUCH TO SEND!
– Infidelity doesn’t ruin a relationship… it’s the sign that something was already wrong.
– [You can’t seem] vapid. You’re a series regular, and we’re assuming you’re going to stay married [and that things will work out for your characters].
– Nothing is more uncomfortable than sustaining the connection.
– When you’re trying to be cool with someone you’re trying to keep up with their language. You try to keep up with the rhythm and approve of everything that they say/do.
– It’s okay to “color outside the lines.” We’re allowed to be a little sloppy! It gives us texture.
– When you’re having fun, we’re having fun.
– Keep from playing a caricature.
– FIND THE EASE!
– We need to worry less about the comedy and “the funny” and more about the given circumstances of the material.
– Don’t allow yourself to miss moment to moment stuff by getting swallowed up in high stakes.
– TAKE YOUR TIME!
– Sending is great but it won’t pay off if you don’t receive back.
– You gotta be a badass. You gotta find your specificity.