Class Notes Highlights from Brian’s Ongoing, by Jonathan S.
– Relationships are different points of views fusing together.
– Make sure that when we are working with relationships we have different points of view and that we have clear choices.
– Explore what makes each partner in a relationship different.
– What differentiates [your character] from the rest of the characters?
– The circumstances [are already] there and present. What is already happening that causes the scene to start [and] take place?
– Breathe life into the character. Don’t walk the audience through every beat.
– What is feeding your aesthetic [as an artist]?
– What is your artistic diet?
– Take care of what you need to take care of before you get to class [so you can be fully present].
– Warm up and do exercises to prepare yourself to work to your best ability.